The Institute of Managers and Leaders Australia and New Zealand has partnered with White Ribbon to present Leadership Outlook 2019: Creating a safe and respectful workplace, a national series of practical and thought-provoking workshops that tackle gendered violence as a workplace issue.
Our Leadership Outlook events will define and identify violence and contributing factors, provide strategies to support staff experiencing violence, and help attendees to learn to mitigate risk. The workshops will also cover bullying, harassment and intimidation and how managers and leaders can support teams affected. During each of our sessions, a panel of local leaders will also share their real-world experiences in creating safe and respectful workplaces.
Each Leadership Outlook session will:
· Provide a forum for employers to learn about best practice approaches to create a safe and supportive workplace for employees who are experiencing domestic violence, bullying or harassment in or out of the workplace
· Increase your knowledge and skills in applying a strategic, evidence-based methodology to create a safe and respectful workplace drawn from White Ribbon’s work with organisations on the Workplace Accreditation Program
· Outline strategies that can be implemented to support staff which minimises risk and promotes a supportive culture within the workplace
· Provide overview of resources and tools available to assist in creating a safe and respectful workplace
· Offer a practical case study to work through key learnings from the sessions
We all deserve to feel safe. Join us for an event that will help transform workplaces, leadership and society.
Registrations commence at 11.30am with a light lunch and networking. The session will start at 12.00pm.
In partnership with White Ribbon
Executive Manager, Workplaces
White Ribbon Australia
Ronan Smyth is responsible for the strategic management and operational delivery of White Ribbon’s Workplace Accreditation Program. The Workplace Accreditation Program is a world leading violence-prevention initiative focused on providing organisations with the tools and strategies to actively prevent and effectively respond to violence against women.
Before working at White Ribbon, Ronan worked in the UK, managing complex programs that delivered services to disadvantaged and vulnerable people. Within all his roles, Ronan has focused on achieving social change through interventions with individuals and engagement with stakeholders. At White Ribbon, Ronan has led the redesign and development of the Workplace Accreditation Program.
Danny Clifford – Panel Member
Danny Clifford is a Director of Clifford Gouldson Lawyers – one of Toowoomba’s leading business focussed law firms. Clifford Gouldson advises businesses on workplace, litigation, property & commercial, construction, intellectual property and tax, structures and planning.
In recent years Danny has worked closely with business owners, managers and leaders across the Toowoomba region to manage individual staff issues, develop enterprise agreements and ensure risk minimisation strategies.
With his team, Danny helps clients manage the challenges of large workforces, deal with unfair dismissal issues and maintain compliance with the complex Fair Work requirements. Many large employers come to Danny for both advice on strategic direction and day to day workplace challenges. Danny and his team provides solutions across the full spectrum of workplace issues including employee management, discrimination, health & safety, agreements & awards, policy implementation and training.